- 2/3 cup (85g) plain wholemeal flour
- 2/3 cup (85g) plain flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Tilba Real Dairy Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tilba Real Dairy Full Cream milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift flours and a pinch of salt into a bowl; tip in any bran left in sieve. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk egg and milk together. Reserve 1 teaspoon; stir the rest into the dry ingredients to make a firm dough. Knead briefly on a lightly floured work surface until smooth.
- Sprinkle paprika over floured surface; roll out the dough on it to form a square slightly larger than 20cm. Trim edges neatly.
- Brush dough with reserved egg mixture; sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top. Cut the dough in half, then cut into 10cm sticks about 1cm wide.
- Twist sticks; place on baking sheets. Lightly press the ends of the sticks down so that they do not untwist during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool briefly on baking sheets, then serve warm. Or, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Twists can be kept in an airtight container for 5 days.